Thursday 14 June 2012

Back 2 Life

What's Up!

Yes, we did get a face lift! Thanks to Lenney Leong for adding in the soothing music by Yiruma to our blog. Also our banner is shot by Adi Sufian, the awesome photographer/teacher we met at the Metta Charity Run. Oh, and did I mention he is a marathon runner and used to be a PTI, together with super agent Moon too before?
Yes, the complete package.

This is my personal favourite photo.
Team SBR (Crazy Poses)

I just received the certificate for the Metta Charity Run this afternoon as I was on my way back home.

After an awesome 4 day retreat in KL with my mates, I came back today. Had lots of fun, and my waistline might have gained a couple of inches too I guess. But its ok, there's nothing a good dose of pavement pounding can't solve.

The hotel we stayed in had a state-of-the-art gymnasium, on the first day I ran for about 15 minutes at a 12km/h pace and 5 minutes at a 13km/h pace. The second morning, I ran for 10 minutes at a 13.5km/h pace, followed by some static core strengthening exercises, and finished off with 5 minutes at 14km/h. It was a killer pace, the music played over the stereos kept me going, and the stunning views too. You could look at the same landscape for a 100 times and still be amused. We spent a lot of time in the pool, doing what we like to call 'play water.'(I don't know how to swim) Unless, you accept an unsynchronised series of motions, with the occasional dramatic gasp for air which I like to call the doggy-style. ;-) 

The best children's movie I ever watched, great morals!







I had a great time during the trip and I can't wait to visit KL again on the 23rd for the SCKLM Half Marathon, but before that Lenney and I will be Going Bananas this Sunday, we will be volunteering for Ben's ultra fun filled no frills relay run. And then next week we'll have a 5 Day Outward Bound Singapore Course in Pulau Ubin too.

So after a fun-filled trip, it's now back to reality!

I couldn't find a song more apt for this.. Also, check out the background story to this song, pretty inspiring stuff from Sean! 


The weekend is just one day away, hang in there world!



No comments:

Post a Comment