Tuesday 12 June 2012

Macritchie Trail Run 10km

Finally back to the blog, have not been posting lately.. Yesterday went for a 10km trail run and had enjoyed running.

I was actually planning to run with SBR at the following morning but was not feeling well. I then felt guilty for not running as I planned to do so the day before. Thus, I decided to go for a run in the evening around 4pm.

Most runners always have a problem - Laziness

And I'm one of them. At 3pm, I was thinking whether I should head for a short run instead because it was getting late and was afraid Macritchie will be dark. I always have this problem and I need to overcome it.

I then told myself, no matter how dark is it as long as I have that determination and endurance, I believe God will always be around helping me.

Thus, I went to take bus 157 and head towards Macritchie trails.

I started running the moment I reached there, and begin really slow. (Pace: 8min/km)

I did not speed up and maintained a really slow pace as I know that my pace will get slower and slower later. So I began slow and steady.

Although the journey was painful (leg cramps/pain) and tiring, I did not give up and made it to the ending point. I also met few people such as Yao Ming and several other runners from Raffles Secondary (fast runners) and trekkers.

I will be running another 10km today, as I aim to run at least 50-60km in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment